Most of us can agree that Valentine’s Day is a super over-commercialized “holiday…but let’s not let an opportunity to celebrate love pass us by!
While many of you are great at finding ways to express your love to your partner on a daily or pretty regular basis, sometimes a special occasion is just what we need to really sweep bae off their feet. Here are a few ideas we are loving to help plan a great Valentine’s Day (less than 2 weeks away already!!) or anytime you are looking for a little something extra to surprise your love with:
For the sweet tooth
- Surprise him with an oversized cookie personalized with a special message just for him!
- How delicious does a bouquet of gourmet chocolate dipped strawberries sound? A sweet and sexy edible arrangement may be just the thing to make dessert the best part (or start) to a perfect Valentine’s evening with your queen.
For the Traditional (with a twist)
- Send her an oversized bouquet of her favorite flowers
- Cook him his favorite meal...(naked?)
- A statement piece of jewellery
- A sentimental handmade gift (scrapbook of relationship memories, photo journal, poetry, video message, song)
- Our Q&A a Day: 3 year Journal for 2 people: I am obsessed with these journals. This is a good gift but also great to pick up on a whim and use as a tool for focusing on your relationship. Each page has a space for you and your partner to answer a question per day, and breaks it down over three years. As you fill up the journal you can see how your relationship has evolved year over year!
- Maybe it’s because The Notebook has been on repeat allllll weekend but we are completely obsessed with Letters to My love. This little tool is setup for romantics to declare their affection to their beloved in 12 fold-and-mail letters to be opened in the future (they also have versions for baby!).
- Couples retreat/massage/getaway
I must admit I have never done this one myself…but it is on my bucket list for when the time is right: a sexy boudoir shoot. Find a great photographer you can be comfortable with and bring out your sultry side! The great thing about this is you can tailor it to your partners taste. Football fan? Steal is favorite team jersey and use it as part of your styling. Re-/enact a favorite moment together, wear his favorite color lingerie or pose to show off his/your fave “asset”
Don’t wait for one day a year to show your love just how much they mean. Any of these gift ideas can be used throughout the year to surprise your special someone. And not all expressions of love need be material. Sometimes the best “gifts” are those without a price tag.
Enjoy the season of love, and keep it going throughout the year!